Hurray, the warm or dare we say hot weather is set to stay. Selbians can expect to bask in hot temperatures well into late August. In the UK we have a UV index of 1 - 8 with 1 being the lowest and 8 the highest. For the entirety of this week the UV sun index is set at 7 very high.
Here are our top tips to cope with the heat....
1. Keep hydrating yourself, drink plenty of water. This is very important when it's hot out and when you do intense exercise.
2. Don't exercise as hard when it's hot unless your an athlete :) . Take rest breaks. Exercise more slowly than usual or for a shorter time.
3. Stay in the shade when you can.
4. Temperatures over 80F try and use a sun scream over 25F Lighter skinned people should aim for over 30F whilst darker skinned people may be okay with SPF 10F- 15F
5. Avoid exercising during the hottest times of the day.
6. Wear light-colored, breathable clothes.
7. Watch for signs of heat exhaustion, such as nausea, dizziness, cramps, and headache. If you notice any signs, stop your activity right away, cool off, and drink fluids.
8. BUT MOST OF ALL ENJOY IT, BECAUSE AUTUMN AND WINTER WILL BE HERE BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.